Project Journey Map
Make sense of what happened in a past project. It's often easy to do work without having a personal time to make sense of how it really went. This activity will have you draw out key moments in the past project and push you toward a few key reflections.
- You can view this activity in context on the 2019 Workshop Deck (google slides link)
What you'll need
- A sheet of blank paper and pen, or a digital canvas (sketch, figma, miro, mural, etc.)
- Draw a line on a sheet of blank paper
- Start by filling out a timeline of major project events, anything that changed the state/course of the project.
- Now think through and fill in the “emotional state” journey map line—how were you feeling throughout the course of this project?
- Where did you feel the most frustration? Circle that area and draw an exclamation mark on your timeline here
- Finally, where did you feel you had the great impact? Circle your timeline & draw a star on your timeline here
- Consider the following questions
- How did your involvement in the project get started? How much influence did you have over how that?
- What type of event, action, or outcome made you feel the most impactful?
- What conditions led to stress or difficulty in the project? Why?
- How did your involvement close? What were the ultimate outcomes?