Career Trajectory Map
This is an activity that was part of the 2019 Researcher Skills Workshops, hosted by the ReOps community.
What you'll need
You only need a copy of the map image. You can draw on it in Sketch or Figma or Miro or Google Draw... or print it out and get yourself a pen.
- When did you start as a researcher? —place a dot, add a date. In that first role, where do you think you got to? Place a dot and trace the progression.
- Move on to your next year or next job, whichever first: think about how you were working—place a dot.
- Now continue dot-ing and tracing your progress for each year & career event, until you reach today
- Finally, draw forward a few years...
- Consider the following questions
- Where are you now, and how did you get there?
- What’s the most interesting (best, worst, hardest, unusual) part about your journey so far?
- Where do you think you’d like to push towards? How will you get there?